Monday, June 30, 2008

The art of Story Telling & it's relationship to my job

An Art Form: Story telling should be, and is often considered an art form. Writing, or putting stories on blogs (like I do here,) is really a watered down form. What is more important is verbal story telling. As an art form, it is not merely verbal, but interactive.

I read rather a nice description of what story telling is on a website called storynet.

In Guiding: In my approach to guiding, I believe (from more than 10 years experience in the field,) that my guests, to a large extent are not there to have a lecture. That could be done elsewhere. Good guides are the ones who are telling stories, both of the environment they live in, and in the social environment in which they live and work.

Are you interested in Storytelling: Visit the flowing sites:
Storytellingsite.com: lessons and history. Nice looking website too.
Links to other storytelling learning sites

No comments:

Post a Comment